I mean, good gourd, I just want to spread the love of my favorite season of all the seasons, in all the lands. I busted out my Halloween and Autumnal themed decor from a year of deep storage. Right this very second, a Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle is ablaze. I’m about to be neck deep in decorative pumpkins… M-F-ing gourds better watch out, too (speaking of gourds, THIS).
Since I can’t really glitter bomb you all in black and gold and orange (watch out pumpkins & gourds!), the second best way to spread my seasonal love is with food, so, I’ve gathered my favorite recipes from this blog, PLUS recipes from around the web I’ve been eyeing/drooling over.
1. Not to give myself too may props, but, these Herbed Turkey Burgers with Goat Cheese and Cranberry Sauce are the business. They are like fancy Thanksgiving, but a burger so, also, kind of casual.
3. Those little Banana Cream Pies might look super classic, but there happens to be browned butter tucked into the pudding that sends them over the top. The caramel sauce doesn’t hurt either. These are hands-down, one of the best things I have ever made.
4. Not only are these super soft Malted Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting delightful, they made a believer out of my former pumpkin-hating husband…FTW!
5. What can I say about these Chewy Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies that will convince you to make them ASAP? They are chewy and crunchy, deeply spiced with bits of dark chocolate throughout. I love these cookies and dream of them often.
6. I lovingly transported these Alfajores through the skies to NYC last fall while visiting a friend. A pilot kept eyeing them in the terminal and eventually asked me about them! I didn’t have any to spare–they were a gift, man! But, I took it as a good sign (note to self, airline staff appreciate cookies too). They are super rich and super delicious.
7. This Pumpkin Semifreddo is a textural dream–rich, yet feather-light, cool, crunchy, gooey–it has it all. Plus, it’s a total beauty queen.
As you know, there’s about a billion drool-worthy recipes cropping up every-single-day on the internets. These are just a few that I’ve been eyeing the last few weeks.
I swoon for a fancy layer cake and this Pumpkin Cake + Ganache + Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting from Use Real Butter sounds like decadant, fall-time heaven.
Spiced Pear, Gorgonzola, and Toasted Walnut Pie in Buttermilk-Leaf Lard Crust by Local Milk, is quite the mouthful, but I bet it’s a delicious one.
There’s nothing inherently autumnal about Horchata, but I LOVE it with all of it’s cool rice and spice flavored goodness. This Horchata Smoothie by Notations of a Novice Cook sounds like perfection to me.
I think fall is the perfect bonfire season and any bonfire isn’t worth it if there isn’t marshmallow toasting involved. These Speculoos-Nutella-Candied Bacon S’more’s by Diane A Broad sound amazing PLUS…candied bacon!!
What are YOU all excited about baking/making/eating this fall? or, for you Southern Hemisphere-ians, this spring?!