Jessica from the blog How Sweet Eats is one of the funniest, hyperbolic, and creative recipe makers out there. I love her and her blog to pieces and even though we’ve never met, I consider her a friend in that totally-weird-virtual-friend way. I always look forward to her over-the-top recipes and hilarious musings. Reading her blog is a serious delight for me, her conversational tone and drool-worthy photos get me every time, and I’m sure her legions of fans would agree. And, it’s a major year for her! I mean, she just published her first book, moved, and is expecting an amazing baby-bundle in just a few months. She’s a serious super-girl.
That said, it’s no wonder her new cookbook, Seriously Delish, is such a stunner. I mean, it’s packed with her tell-tale creative recipes and signature writing style, plus tons of gorgeous photos to go with. So, to celebrate the release of Jessica’s first (and I am sure not last) cookbook, I knew I had to share something with you all from it’s pages and it was no easy choice. There are seriously SO MANY enticing recipe to choose from–I mean, HELLO Baked Black Raspberry Oatmeal with a Brown Butter Drizzle, or Bacon Manhattans, or Slow Cooker Short Rib Breakfast Hash, or S’mores Hot Fudge Shakes…UGH! Anyway, I decided to go with one of her mother’s classic recipes, the kind you’d serve to people you love, Lemon Herb Chicken Romano, because it’s mom-approved and it’s cheese crusted. WIN.
To continue the celebration, in collaboration with her publisher, I’m giving away a copy of Seriously Delish to a lucky reader! Cue the confetti-blast emoji’s!! Just leave a comment below about the last seriously delish thing you ate or made and a winner will be chosen at random on September 24th. GIVEAWAY CLOSED
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 lemons
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- cooked pasta to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set up an assembly line of 3 bowls. Add the flour, dried parsley, and garlic powder to one bowl. Add the eggs and milk to the next and beat lightly. Add the cheese to the last bowl.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the canola oil. Dredge a piece of chicken through the flour, coating it completely. Add it to the egg, coating it once more. Finally, add it to the cheese and press so the cheese adheres to the chicken. Add the chicken to the skillet, and repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Cook each breast until golden on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Be gentle when flipping so you don't lose the coating. Once the chicken is browned, add the wine to the skillet and turn off the heat. Add the chicken stock and juice of 1 lemon. Cut the other lemon into wedges and place them in the skillet. Add the butter pieces to the skillet.
- Cover the skillet and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.