This post is a part of a series I call Lovely Lady Lunch–where I take time, once a week, to make myself a real lunch. On the side, I might read a book, flip through a magazine, or watch something on YouTube. The idea is to enjoy a delicious lunch and just take a minute in the middle of the day to chill. I encourage you to share your lovely lady lunches on media using the tag #lovelyladylunch!
Snack lunch! Possibly one of the best types of lunches, especially when snack lunch is really just a chunk of cheese and some bread. We have strawberries here, too, for a caprese-like situation and for health because let’s be honest, we’re basically having grown-up cheese and crackers for an entire meal. Not mad at it. I realize this is hardly a recipe but, there’s something really special and indulgent about dressing up a few strawberries with some burrata and enjoying it all by yourself midweek. It’s simple and perfect and might even become your favorite “treat-yo-self” lunch.
- 6-8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2-4 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped into ribbons or torn
- salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic glaze
- crusty bread or crackers
- Arrange the strawberries and burrata on a plate. Sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze. Serve with crusty bread or crackers.
Scaled up, this recipe also makes a great, summery cheese plate for a crowd!