Cranberry Ricotta Tart! A crumbly almond crust, tart cranberry jam, and a creamy ricotta cheesecake layer.
This post is part of an Instagram campaign, printable recipe below.
- Almond Shortcrust
- 1¼ cup (160g) flour
- ¼ cup (30g) almond
- ¼ cup (25g) powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (113g) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- Cranberry Jam
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries
- 6 ounces (170g) sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- Ricotta Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 ounces (227g) whole milk ricottta cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- Prepare the pastry. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the flour, almond flour, powdered sugar, salt, and butter together until the mixture becomes sandy and all the butter is incorporated. Pulse in the egg yolk to combine. The dough should come together when pressed. If it is still a little dry, add cold water a teaspoon at a time until it comes together. Gather the dough and pat into a flat rectangle and wrap in plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the cranberry jam. Combine the cranberries and sugar together in a saucepan and cook until the cranberries pop, release their juices, and the mixture becomes jammy. You can sieve the jam at this point if you want (I do) or leave it chunky. Let the mixture cool at room temp (or cover and refrigerate) until ready to use.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle about 16x6 inches (or larger) and gently fit into your rectangular tart pan. If you have cracks or breaks, that's okay just patch them with spare dough. Once the dough is fitted into the pan, freeze the pan and dough until firm, at least 60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F to blind bake the tart shell. Line the frozen tart shell with crinkled parchment paper and fill with sugar. Bake the tart shell for 25 minutes, or until just set and still pale. Remove from the oven and gently remove the parchment and sugar. Set aside to cool slightly. Once cooled to room temperature, spread the jam in a thin even layer in the bottom of the tart shell.
- Reduce the oven to 325°F and place a baking dish of hot water on the bottom rack of the oven with the second rack set over the top.
- While the tart shell cools, prepare the ricotta filling. Whisk the ricotta, cream, sugar, lemon, and egg together until completely combined. Pour the ricotta mixture over the cranberry jam layer and smooth the top. Set the tart pan on a baking sheet and place on the upper rack of the oven and bake fro about 30 minutes, or until the ricotta filling is just set and jiggles only slightly in the center. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack before transferring to the refrigertator to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
*this is an affiliate link.