Hellooo! These sweet, little bebe bites are teeny-tiny goat cheesecakes in pretzel crusts! Yes, I mean goat cheese + cheesecake in a sweet and salty (and gluten-free!) crust. There’s also vanilla bean speckled throughout the cheesecake filling, which also happens to be a no-bake situation because sometimes easy living is where it’s at…especially when the pitter-patter of little feet (more like crash-and-clatter? amirite?? #notacomedian) is involved.
Why am I awkwardly making mention of mom-ing in this post? Well, it’s because we’re celebrating Sarah of Snixy Kitchen today and the fast-approaching arrival of her baby, aka #cheesebabygirl! I met Sarah last year at Indulge Conference and I was instantly charmed by her wit and humor. She’s also very good with tech (I am NOT) and helped me troubleshoot some issues with the site last week and for that I am forever grateful. Sarah has been on the cheese craving train during her pregnancy, thus, the nickname-hashtag and a whole bunch of blogger have gathered to celebrate her with delicious, gluten-free savories and sweets many of which contain CHEESE (duh). If I were attending an actualy baby shower and not just a virtual one, I would definitely bring something like these along. Cute and petite, because BABIES, and easy to eat because usually there’s a lot of chit-chat and one or two bites is perfect for that sort of thing. See the whole list, links included, of the posts and participants below!
I probably could have finagled a more eloquent introduction and transition there, but if I’m being honest there was a horror-of-horrors bathtub + bathroom things incident last night that I am still reeling from and my brain is just not having much to do with the whole thinking and doing right now. If you follow me on snapchat, cindyishungry, then you maybe caught what happened. #parenting
- 2 cups gluten free pretzels
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 ounces softened goat cheese (chevre)
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- fresh berries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- Pulse the pretzels in a food processor until you have medium-fine, uniform crumbs. Pulse in the melted butter and sugar to blend. Spoon heaping teaspoons of the buttery pretzel crumbs into the lined mini muffin cups and press down and against the sides firmly. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- While the pretzel crusts cool, make the no-bake cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese and goat cheese together until creamy. Beat in the condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla, until smooth and creamy. Fill a piping bag fitted with a large decorative tip with the cheesecake mixture. Pipe the cheesecake filling into the cooled pretzel crusts and top with berries. Chill until firm before serving.
SO SO CUTE! It’s so festive and bright, perfect way to fight off winter days. P.S. Obsessed with pretzel crust lately. Good call 😉
The goat cheesecake part of these is total genius!!! HOLY SMOKES!
HAHa I loved the intro!!! Also, you’re right – Sarah is so tech-y. I remember when I completely switched domains and went from wordpress dot com to a custom site she helped me in so many ways and just astounded me with how much she knew!! These look perfect – goat cheese, vanilla bean, pretzels… Mm Delicious!!!
jaime // the briny
oh! I love the pairing of these strong flavors–tangy goat’s cheese and salty pretzels (GF pretzels are addictive!)–into a cute bite-sized package. so clever!
nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps
Let me count the ways I love these…Ahhh
Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough
Oh dear, I saw that Snap. I’ve been there. It’s the worst. You deserve to eat all of these delicious cheesecake bites and wash them down with all the wine (I might do the same, for moral support ;)).
Sarah @ SnixyKitchen
Amen on the easy living these days! I don’t even have pitter patter of lil’ feet yet, but bending over to open the oven is enough of a struggle;) These cute itty-bitty bites are just perfect for a baby shower and I want to shovel a whole slew of them into my face. Thank you so much for making such a deliciously adorable dessert in honor of #cheesebabygirl! PS. I loved chatting with you the other night and hearing your sweet baby rae in the background! You made me super excited for what’s to come! <3
Liz @ Floating Kitchen
Bringing it with the no-bake cheesecake filling and cute as a button pink papers. Love it! Why am I not making pretzels crusts more often. I need to fix that!
Oh mama, these look SOOOOO good. <3
Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
Yikes! I hope that the bathtub situation has been sorted! I love how colorful and bright these cheesecake bites are! They’re perfect for the shower! (Also, less than three months before I see you again in Portland!)