It’s #popsicleweek!! These Raspberry Vanilla Yogurt pops are super easy because that’s what I need in my life right now (and more sleep, plz?). I’m not going to call them healthy because there is a good amount of sugar in these, but the ingredients are simple enough that I’m totally okay with giving these to my kid without an ounce of guilt.
These popsicles are made with just four basic ingredients–greek yogurt, raspberries, sugar, and vanilla extract! Everything gets blended together (I use my immersion blender which I LOVE) and come together in less than 5 minutes. Once they’re poured into the molds, I top them with some crumbled berries for a pop of bright fruit flavor at the bottom of each popsicle–also it makes them cute–and then it’s just a waiting game until they freeze solid. Even though they’re simple with just a few ingredients, they are super flavorful with the tangy yogurt and bright berries paired with the sweet vanilla.
This post is part of Wit & Vinegar’s annual #PopsicleWeek. If you want to see the whole list of contributors, endless popsicle inspo, and peruse via category pop over to the official Popsicle Week page for all the deets.
YOGURT! I like to use a yogurt with a little bit of fat in it, I go for 2% (I used Fage) for creaminess and body. I find that whole milk yogurt works but can leave a little greasiness in your mouth once frozen. You could use non-fat yogurt but I just don’t like it, so I didn’t use it here.
Fresh or frozen berries? Use whichever you like! If you can find some fragrant, fresh raspberries definitely go for those. I always give fresh berries a sniff at the store before I buy them if they smell sweet and like a berry then I buy them. If not, I go for frozen.
What popsicle mold do you use? I use this popsicle mold! It’s pretty basic but makes a classic shape that I love. I recently replaced my original (which I used for nearly a decade until I broke one of the molds) with a similar model.
What about sticks? Just be sure to buy food-grade popsicle sticks, not ones for crafting. I like a classic wooden popsicle stick.
- 2 cups greek yogurt (16oz/454g)
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries (226g)
- ⅔ cup sugar (4.5oz/128g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large measuring cup and blend with an immersion blender until completely smooth and combined, scrape down the sides and bottom of the measuring cup and continue to blend if needed. Alternatively, combine all of the ingredients in the canister of a blender and blend until combined.
- Divide the mixture between 10 popsicle molds (I use this mold), insert sticks, and freeze for several hours (at least 6 hours) until solid.